Thursday 1 April 2010

Getting closer (to France, and to the fundraising target)

Once again I've been slow in updating this, sorry.

I think the main reason is that I feel like I've finished already, because of the amazing amount of money I've raised so far! On Saturday we held a coffee morning and the total from that alone now stands at just over £425!! I never expected it to be so much and it means that, when added to swimming sponsorship (providing I finish and everyone pays up, of course) my total is about £1,100. As a group of 12 we are aiming for £12,000, so I'm well on track! Thank you to everyone involved in the coffee morning, particularly my mum for all her hard work.

I was at the pool again on Monday, and it was a bit of a performance. Tom dropped me off at Colne, where I knew there was swimming club but thought there would be lanes open for public swimming... guess what? There weren't! So I had to ring home and ask for Tom to be sent back (he hadn't even made it home yet!). He then drove me to Barnoldswick for attempt number 2. Mum had rung to check whilst I was waiting for Tom, and been told I could swim between 8.30 and 9.30pm. I arrived at 8pm, so I had to wait for half an hour before I could go in!

When I did make it into the water it was relatively uneventful. There were 2 lanes, which on first inspection both looked like slow lanes. I decided that wasn't fair so I invaded one which contained 2 other ladies. One was swimming as slow as the people in the other lane, but the other was swimming at exactly my speed. We got on well! Although we did have to keep shuffling around and overtaking the other lady, meaning I couldn't get as much done as I wanted to. I have no idea why she didn't move to the other lane, as she was clearly annoyed at us.

In the end I only had 50 minutes to swim so I got 80 lengths done. And just to top it all off, mum missed the turning into the pool and had to drive around Barlick!



No comments:

Post a Comment